CrossFit Rohnert Park, Fitness & Training Program
CrossFit Rohnert Park’s coaches use the fitness program developed by Greg Glassman (founder and CEO of CrossFit). Greg’s program was specifically designed to improve overall health and fitness.
What Makes the CrossFit training program effective?
- High Intensity Interval Training. It consists of constantly varied functional movements performed at relatively high intensity. Read more about High Intensity Interval Training
- Meaningful results. All CrossFit workouts are based on functional movements, and these movements reflect the best aspects of gymnastics, weightlifting, running, rowing and more (these are the core movements of life).
- Efficiency. CrossFit workouts move the largest loads the longest distances, so they are ideal for maximizing the amount of work done in the shortest time. Intensity is essential for results and is measurable as work divided by time—or power. The more work you do in less time, or the higher the power output, the more intense the effort. By employing a constantly varied approach to training, functional movements and intensity lead to dramatic gains in fitness.
- Data Driven and measurable. Using whiteboards as scoreboards, keeping accurate scores and records, running a clock, and precisely defining the rules and standards for performance, we not only motivate unprecedented output but derive both relative and absolute metrics at every workout. This data has important value well beyond motivation.
- Community. The community that spontaneously arises when people do these workouts together is a key component of why CrossFit is so effective, and it gave birth to a global network of CrossFit affiliates that number over 11,000. Harnessing the natural camaraderie, competition and fun of sport or game yields an intensity that cannot be matched by other means.
- Designed for athletes of all skill levels, including beginners and people with injuries or limitations. The program is designed for universal scalability, making it the perfect application for any committed individual, regardless of experience. We scale load and intensity; we don’t change the program. The needs of Olympic athletes and our grandparents differ by degree, not kind.